5 cards in 5 days with WOW | Masking Technique with Embossing Powders



Hello there!
It Is Ola and I am back with my final card for my series of
 ''5 cards in 5 days with WOW ''.
Today I am going to show you how to create a floral card using Masking Technique.

For this cardmaking tutorial you will need:
White Card blank
White cardstock
Gold pearlescent card
WOW Embossing pad
Heat tool
Embossing powders
Floral stamp set

I have started this card by stamping and fussy cutting the  flowers of a scrap piece of paper to create a mask.
Masking technique is used to create illusion that one object is behind the other. I will be creating vision that one of the flower is behind other, as well as my leaves will be behind my bouquet.

Let me show you!



I have stamped large flower on the top left corer of white cardstock with WOW clear embossing pad and gently covered with mask. Then I have stamped smaller flower on top of my mask shifting slightly to the right. When I remove my mask it looks like the smaller flower is hidden behind larger flower.

Lets repeat all steps on other side of cardstock.
When all flowers are stamped and embossed , time to stamp the leaves.
I have covered both large and small flower with mask and stamped my leaves in the way that some of them are stamped directly on the mask and some not. When I removed all the masking I have created illusion that leaves are behind the flowers.

Now is the time to add sentiment and assemble my card. I have used Simon Says Stamp sentiment stamp and stamped using black versa mark ink.
I have mounted a piece of gold pearlescent card onto card blank before adding my top panel.
To finish my card I have added pink gemstones in the center of all flower and here we have floral card using Masking Technique.



To see video tutorial please visit my Youtube Channel – Crafty Ola or click on video link below:


I do hope you enjoyed this series of 5 card made in 5 days with WOW and get inspired to created beautiful cards yourself!

Happy Crafting Everybody.


Comments

Post a Comment